Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Best kept trail running secret

I've never tried the plug-one-honk-the-other method of mid run nose blowing, but I'd imagine that you guys screw it up every once in a while and that's just gross. And it makes me nervous every time a running buddy pulls that move while directly ahead of me.

And what about all the sweat dripping in your eyes?

Seems like alot of people solve these problems by carrying some sort of rag or bandana with them when they trail run. Great for wiping stuff off your face, but you pay for it with a reduction in style points.

The perfect solution? Wristbands. The terrycloth has ten times the absorbancy of a rag, it holds on to you so you don't have to worry about holding on to it, it's already located on your wiping limb so the motion is natural, and they come in every color. Nikes are the softest, but Adidas are a close second and score a little higher when it comes to logo coolness. Check out your local soccer store for the best selection. I never run without one!

Oh, and you can pick up a matching headband to stop those forehead drips before they ever make it to your eyes. Adidas headbands double as a safety measure - check out the Zane Grey starting line photo below - that's the Adidas logo on my headband screaming "Look out car/bear/cougar, you're about to hit/maul/eat an approaching runner!".

2 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger brownie said...

Haha, I knew the sweatband post was coming!

First of all, I'm an expert at the snot rocket. If I ever got any on you it's because I was trying to.

And I do now own a headband. Under Armor. Good stuff.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Rafael said...

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna get me a headband and a wristband now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home